Wednesday 17 March 2010

Coincidence?

I was going to write a post about the fashion sense of a homeless chap I met in Richmond on Tuesday. He had been sat at the adjacent table to ours at a cafe talking to an evangelist, after they had finished he received a Bible and an invitation to Kentucky Fried Chicken that Sunday. We started talking because he noticed my Superdry Jacket and wanted to know if it was good for winter because he had just bought one for £170 which he was very happy with... which seemed bizarre to me, but after our conversation my wife pointed out that it was perfectly in keeping with his designer hat, glasses, jeans and shoes! Even the homeless people in Richmond dress better than I do!

I was talking to a member of our Church this morning about a homeless man about 3 miles away from Richmond, whom he had shared his phone and a conversation with on Monday night and how he had prayed for him. As he recanted the tale Rob mentioned the man he met had just had a stroke... "funny", I said "I met a homeless chap yesterday who had just had a stoke. What did he look like?" "Well", replied Rob "he was wearing a Superdry Jacket"!

So? Was it just coincidence? Is it perfectly normal or the current trend for homeless people to pay more for coats than I do? Or did God, by his grace, do an amazing thing in Jason's life this week and give Rob and me a huge encouragement to boot? God did amazing things at HT this Sunday evening, over half the congregation were moved to come forward for prayer to intercede and be bold witnesses... then stuff like this happens in the next few days. I can't wait to hear what other coincidences have happened this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment