Monday 29 March 2010

Pint anyone?

I've just been at the funeral and thanksgiving service of a long standing member of HT, someone I've known since I first arrived here nearly six years ago. I was struck by the tributes that were made to him and, in particular, how little I really knew about him. We weren't particularly close but I suppose I thought I had him pretty well pegged (through arrogance most likely).

It has made me wonder, how much do I actually know about the people in my life? How many people could I match to their tributes if they were laid out in front of me in some life-sized mix'n'match game?

I think it's probably time for me to repent on my arrogance and show some real interest in people rather than keeping them in their very neat pigeon holes. (In the words of my friend WIll) "I'm not gonna lie..." I think it'll be hard for me and I'll forget to do over and over again, but here's to starting another new adventure...

Pint anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Do you reckon that there's a market for the virtual pub? Your local across the continents! A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, pubs with Skype booths.
    That, and mail order kebabs.

    ReplyDelete